Headquarters: Gainesville, FL
Who is Fracture?
is re-inventing the way consumers print and display their digital images. Our first product, printed glass “Fractures”, allow you to print your images directly onto glass and have them shipped right to you in our custom designed packaging. Check it out at Fracture.Me. We’ve sold over 650,000 fractures to almost 200,000+ customers in 50+ countries, but this is just the beginning. We’re just scratching the surface of our potential. Our uniqueness stems from the fact that we actually design, engineer, and manufacture something tangible, 100% in-house. Real. That’s what we love about what we do.
We’re blending cutting edge e-commerce with lean manufacturing to make your digital images become real.
Who are we looking for?
The Web Developer joining our team will be responsible for maintaining our current E-Commerce platform, built on CodeIgniter. These responsibilities will include bug fixes, implementation of new features, new content and updates to existing content as well as upgrading and securing legacy software and APIs.
As Fracture migrates to a new E-Commerce platform in 2019, this developer will participate in the planning and development of that website. They will work with our E-Commerce director to create a data translation layer or API which will facilitate communication between our E-Commerce website and our on-site production application and database. This developer will also be a key component of the team as we build out new features, products, and services for our customers.
The right person will have excellent communication skills and a strong track record of working in fast-paced, agile environments. They will also take pride in the quality of code that is deployed and that no detail is too fine to be overlooked. The best candidates will have a history of working in E-Commerce where they understand the necessity of A/B testing, strategic planning, and world-class execution in order to provide a superior user and customer experience that accurately reflects our brand.
- Minimum of 6 years development experience
- Must have experience building and maintaining web applications with PHP MVC frameworks CodeIgniter or Laravel
- Expert level knowledge of WordPress including theming, plugin development, the WordPress REST API and Customize API
- Must have familiarity with the implementation and customization of WooCommerce and WooCommerce API
- Experience working on a high traffic E-Commerce website (1M+ unique/mo)
- The ability to optimize applications for speed and scalability
- Must be able to work with Sketch files (Mac-based)
- Knowledge working with responsive CSS frameworks, preferably Bulma
- Should understand the importance of excellent documentation and have strong organizational skills
Must be proficient with
- MySQL and PostGres
- Flexbox and CSS grid
- CSS Preprocessors, specifically SASS
- Build tools like Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack
- CSS methodologies such as BEM, OOCSS or SMACSS
- Experience implementing and strategizing deployment when using testing tools like VWO or Optimizely
- Background implementing an ERP connection (Sage, SAP) with E-Commerce platforms
- Background in writing APIs or data translation layers
- Experience with Node, NPM and React a bonus
Remote applicants will be considered for this position. The employee will be required to work regular business hours (Eastern time zone) and be on-call as needed nights and weekends.
What’s in it for you?
We’re offering a competitive salary, equity, and health care benefits – to name the tangibles. As far as the intangibles, we are committed to a safe, positive and enthusiastic culture. We believe our team is the core of everything and we put our people first.
Every single one of us is in this because of the opportunity at hand. Over a trillion digital images were taken in 2017, and smartphone cameras are only getting stronger. Photos are people’s #1 social asset. The company that figures out how to tap into people’s photos and uses them to create innovative and affordable photo decor will completely change the photo industry. We believe our hard work and innovation will make that happen.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to us at [email protected]
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/fracture-inc-web-developer