Headquarters: Berlin, Germany
As a freelance Web Designer you'll be responsible to create the look, layout, feel, functionality and features of our clients' websites. You will develop websites from scratch and/or enhance existing ones. By working closely with creative directors, designers, project managers, UX strategist, or other design team members you ensure a smooth process.
Your key responsibilities are to guide the client through the web design process -- from gathering requirements to implement rock-solid, re-usable and clean code that works smoothly across devices and browsers. Thereby, you establish yourself as trusted advisor of our clients, by giving them guidance on technical architectures, tooling or design best practices. Further responsibilities include:
- Strong skills in Sketch, Photoshop inDesign, Gimp, Sketch, InvsionApp, or similar applications.
- Build and edit graphic designs for websites.
- Translate images, mockups and wireframes from a graphic designer into HTML themes.
- Recommend, develop and implement robust style guides for the products you are building.
- Create wireframes, mock-ups and PSD files for user testing and development.
- Consult client on how to create new corporate identities and brands and how to convey them cohesively with a web page.
- Present your work to customers and implement their feedback.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or a related field or significant equivalent experience.
- Excellent visual and technical portfolio.
- High level of proficiency using Photoshop, InDesign, Sketch, InvisionApp or similar applications
- Knowledge of browser compatibility across multiple platforms and devices
- Strong ability to design with user experience in mind
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Experience using code version control systems like Git
- Familiarity with HTML frameworks (e.g,. Bootstrap)
- Full fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Experience in working remotely
At GetTechTalent, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. GetTechTalent is proud to be an equal opportunity and remote friendly workplace.
To apply: You can apply for this job by simply filling in your information: https://gettechtalent.recruitee.com/o/web-designer-gettechtalent-network
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/gettechtalent-gmbh-web-designer