Sr. Software Engineer – Backend (Australia only)
Headquarters: Sydney, Australia
We're a Ruby shop, so we expect you to know Rails really well. We just finished a Rails 4.2 -> 5.2 migration and we are planning to keep the Rails and Ruby version up to date all the time.
We use Postgres 9.5, ElasticSearch 5.6 and hosted on Heroku, so there are no server administration hassles – we all sleep well!
RSpec is the main framework for our unit and integration test. And, we of course have a CI.
Some heavy front-end parts of the application use Angular.JS 1.x and for all new stuff we use Vue.JS (where it makes sense to do so!).
The application itself is a classic server-side rendered Rails app, with some small architecture improvements to make things nice and clean, and so far it's working great for us.
We're open to remote for this role – however, you must be based within Australia.
You're experienced, pragmatic and most importantly, a developer that's passionate about your craft.
You view programming as a hobby, and not just a source of income. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't pay you well! We just want to make sure that you're a constant learner, open to new things and always looking for a way to improve and grow as a professional.
We're a product-first company, and you're a product-first developer. You share our vision that the product and customer experience is the most important part of our craft – not the tech, language or framework.
- You have a deep understanding of how software is built and deployed
- You can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on a product and/or the team
- Passionate and motivated about creating great customer experiences that solve real problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with product and design
- Similarly, you have very strong verbal and written English communication skills
Perks + Benefits
- We offer a competitive salary
- A good work-life balance is important to us. We offer flexible work hours so you can work when you're most productive
- You’ll get a healthy growth and development budget — “keep learning” is one of our core values as continuous improvement is super important to us
- We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook and whatever tools you need to get the job done
- A relaxed and friendly work-environment in the heart of Sydney, or we're remote friendly for this role if you're not Sydney based
To apply: If this sounds like you, then we’d love to chat! Apply here: http://careers.zibbet.com/sr-software-engineer-backend/en/apply
Just one more thing… to prove you’ve got that eye for detail we’re looking for, make sure you chuck your favourite emoji into the final field of the application process below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/zibbet-sr-software-engineer-backend-australia-only