Headquarters: San Antonio, TX
Pressable, a leading provider of managed WordPress hosting, is looking for a talented developer to help us build the world's best WordPress hosting service.
- Ruby on Rails Experience
- Test driven development using Rspec
- Experience working with SQL databases. Bonus for MySQL/MariaDB.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently without being micro-managed, as well as work as part of a team to accomplish our goals
- Self directed with strong organizational skills
- Ability to write and manage documentation at the development level as well as the customer level
- Experience using Git to manage projects and code
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language such PHP or Python
- Advanced proficiency with JS and/or TypeScript
- Experience with React/Redux and/or Vue.js
- Experience building REST API's
- Linux (Debian)
- Ansible and systems management tools
- Leadership skills with experience managing engineers at past positions
- Using debugging skills to solve problems on production systems
- Building maintainable, efficient, and clean code on Pressable's stack
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable's control panel
- Providing thought leadership and direction for Pressable's development team
- Working closely with our systems team to build new features and improve Pressable's stack
- Communicating with Pressable's leadership, and proactively looking for opportunities for improvement
The Joel Test:
- Do you use source control? - Yes, Git, GitHub, and GitLab.
- Can you make a build in one step? - Yes.
- Do you make daily builds? - Yes.
- Do you have a bug database? - Yes.
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code? - Yes.
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule? - Yes.
- Do you have a spec? - For some things.
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions? - Yes.
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? - Yes.
- Do you have testers? - Yes.
- Do new candidates write code during their interview? - Yes.
- Do you do hallway usability testing? - Yes.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for under $10. We pay 99% of premiums for you and your family.
- 401(k) Matching. We match your 401(k) contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- Work From Anywhere. Work from your local co-working space, your house, a National Park, or Starbucks. We’re happy regardless.
- Generous Time Off Policy. We want our team members to enjoy a phenomenal work–life balance.
- Team Building. We bring the team together annually for a week-long retreat.
To apply: https://pressable.com/careers/software-engineer/
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/pressable-software-engineer-1
Contact us remotejobr->gmail.com