Site Reliability Engineer
Headquarters: Minneapolis, MN
NovuHealth is NOT offering sponsorship or relocation assistance.
*We are looking for both local Greater Minneapolis/Saint Paul candidates and US based, remote candidates*
We are looking for an exceptional SRE to join the Site Reliability Engineering team at NovuHealth. You are passionate about service reliability and performance, have an innate desire to understand how technologies work, and strive to automate everything. We have a lively DevOps culture that provides technology services, infrastructure, processes, and tools to both internal and external customers. We place a strong emphasis on open source technologies, scalable architectures, and Cloud based infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We offer a relaxed atmosphere, high-end MacBook Pros, 4K displays, professional training, an agile workflow, awesome health insurance benefits, and a strong goal of keeping meetings to a minimum. We offer strong compensation commensurate with your status as one of the best in your field. Quality is important to us, so we strive to maintain a highly available SaaS Cloud Platform that we can all be proud of.
Learn more about our award winning culture HERE!
Why we need you:
- Develop and manage Novu’s service infrastructure stack, monitoring, and performance metrics using Chef, Github, Jenkins, Docker and AWS tooling
- Manage, diagnose, and resolve system incidents and internal technical escalations for Novu's service operations leveraging automation and bug identification to prevent recurrence
- Engage with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and Quality Assurance Analysts to diagnose and resolve service problems
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Engineers to identify, prioritize, and develop enhancements to Novu's platform
- Work with Agile development teams to ensure smooth promotion of code, configuration and Docker images to production
- Work with Client Services and Engineers on new customer implementations
- Effectively communicate and engage with all service stakeholders, both internal and external
Our ideal candidate:
At NovuHealth, we know that unicorns don’t exist, but Rhinos sure do! We’re not looking for the impossible, just the exceptional. If you meet any combination of the listed skills below, we would love to hear from you.
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in a technical role such as: software engineer, systems engineer, or cloud engineer
- Excellent skills in Linux administration and related networking (TCP/IP, load balancing, etc)
- Demonstrated experience with Chef, Ansible or similar configuration management systems
- Basic development skills; experience with Ruby, Python, and Java preferred
- Competent knowledge of SQL and databases, Postgres and MySQL preferred
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) incl. EC2, ECS, RDS, Redshift, IAM, VPC
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and debug application stacks, determining the root cause & engineering a fix
- Experience with building and deploying Docker images
- Experience with Agile development teams and SaaS applications
- Working knowledge of technology operations as it relates to incident management, problem management, and change management
- Effective skills in prioritization, communication, ownership, collaboration, and follow through
- Strong desire to develop new skills and evolve within an entrepreneurial organization
At NovuHealth, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. NovuHealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply: Apply directly here: https://novu.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=97
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/novuhealth-site-reliability-engineer