Services Engineer - EMEA
Headquarters: San Francisco, CA, USA
The Professional Services team at GitHub assists customers in improving their software delivery. In the Services Engineer role, you will work with our customers to bring meaningful digital and cultural change into their organization.
Your efforts as a Services Engineer at GitHub will give you the ability to positively impact the software you use from many companies every day. You will be a trusted consultant to the world's leading companies to assist them in transforming how they approach software delivery.
We are looking for a passionate technologist who can enable customers to reach their goals with technical solutions and a thoughtful approach to introducing cultural change. We will need you to be an empathetic person who strives to give customers a rewarding experience whenever they interact with us.
As a Services Engineer you will:
- Work with customers to help them map out a plan to implement GitHub and mature their software practices.
- Setup GitHub Enterprise and connect GitHub to our customers' infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members to craft new tools and materials
- Assist customers in the building:
- Custom software solutions to help customers gain insights into their GitHub usage
- Tools to automate many parts of GitHub Enterprise administration
- Migration utilities to move customers onto GitHub
Customers have a wide variety of development processes and tools. Your success will be aided by your proficiency in the following areas:
- Git, GitHub, and modern software development tools and methodologies
- Software development methodologies
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- The challenges of working in large software development teams
- Demonstrated ability to connect with people, lead client projects, and help clients overcome problems
- Strong ability to inform client expectations and project scope throughout the project delivery timeline
You can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. you can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
To succeed in this role you will need to be based in Europe. You will spend up to 50% of your time traveling. Because of our travel requirements you should live within a reasonable distance to an airport.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
To apply: You can apply on our job board at:
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/github-services-engineer-emea