Senior Java Engineer
Headquarters: London, UK
Engage builds software to make the process of finding, hiring,
managing and paying temporary workers painless. Our software is making
waves in the UK recruitment industry and we’re growing our team so
that we can get our products into the hands of more people, faster.
diverse group of engineers are a friendly and supportive group of
individuals, spread all around Europe, and we are looking for a senior Java person to join us who:
- Can collaborate with the team to find solutions that meet the needs of our colleagues, users, customers and partners
- Believes in the user experience and empowerment of our users
- Is able to hold hard problems in their head, and break them into smaller deliverable chunks
- Sees the potential issues and corner cases before we fall over them
- Writes clean, maintainable code that is easy for others to follow
- Is within 2 hours of our UK time zone and happy to work our standard office working hours
- Have shipped multiple real systems in Java
- Have experience of and feel comfortable with full stack development
- Be comfortable in a complex business domain, and unafraid to ask questions
- Be able to communicate complex technical problems to non-techies in a meaningful way
- Enjoy writing code that is easy to review and maintain
- Be able to write SQL that doesn't fall over when someone adds 1,000,000 rows to the table
- Be excited by learning new things
Any of this sound familiar?
- You understand why unit tests are necessary, but that they're not the cure for everything
- You're enthused by Haskell/Rust/Go/etc, but you understand why they might not always be the right tool for right now
- You buy into domain driven design and ubiquitous language. Keeping it simple in a world of complexity
- You've lost days of your life to a character encoding issue
- You know that the hardest part of microservices is figuring out where to put the service boundaries
- You can use MySQL but would start a new project with PostgreSQL
- You aren't afraid to tweak the front end to match your endpoint changes
We believe you can ship great products from anywhere, and we have a
diverse group of engineers spread all over Europe. We need you to be in a
compatible timezone; it makes communication faster and more effective.
Some things still require face time, so we bring the whole team to
London regularly to meet, eat, chat and play.
To work at this
level you have to love technology, but not for its own sake. For us,
technology exists to allow us to make our users successful.
always looking to get better. Nothing is set in stone and everyone is
allowed an opinion. We hope that once new team members find their feet
and get comfortable, they can contribute to making all of us better.
We offer share options.
part of our hiring process, we ask candidates to do a coding test,
which is based on our in-production set of technologies. You'll have the
opportunity to see how we work, and you can decide if you like our
To apply: Visit our page on workable and click the button to apply!
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/engage-technology-partners-ltd-senior-java-engineer