Senior Fullstack Engineer - Python
This is a full-time role either remote or based in London. The role has the potential to grow into a CTO / VP of engineering position as the company expands.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about building high quality web apps. If you’re excited to be engineer #1 at a high-growth, profitable bootstrapped start-up and to work directly with our founding team, then read on.
At IGotAnOffer, we’re building a community of future business leaders. One third of your life is spent at work. By helping you land your dream job, and better manage your career, we believe we can help you live a more fulfilling life.
Since we started, we’ve been busy building the best course and coaching service available in the world to land a job in consulting. We have now helped more than 30,000 people get an offer and are in the process of expanding into other industries and building relationships with employers.
We are a bootstrapped, profitable business that’s growing at an extremely high pace (3x year on year). You’ll be engineer #1 at the company and we are planning to continue growing the team over the coming months.
- You love building and learning new things. Most of what you’ll do each day will be building and maintaining our web app in which users can study our online courses and book sessions with our career coaches.
- You have worked on production Python projects in the past. You will be the first developer joining the team full time and need to have at least 4 years of experience building web apps with Django or other Python frameworks.
- You love building product features across the stack. You have some experience managing projects. You are comfortable taking wireframes and turning them into production features by collaborating directly with designers.
- You’re empathetic to users. You’re interested in whether what you build will really make a difference for the user. You love keeping things simple and building as few features as possible to keep things manageable.
- You like writing. A lot of what we do at IGotAnOffer is done through written communication (both internally and with our customers). You love a well-crafted email and only press that send button when you know that what you’ve written is as clear as it can be. You speak and write perfect English.
- Doing things efficiently. The work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. You constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks and to improve processes.
Things you might do
IGotAnOffer is a small, fast-growing company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Build a new booking system to match our users and career coaches automatically
- Build a new learning management system to host and deliver our courses
- Work with APIs including Stripe, Timekit, Shopify and Zapier
- Write and update documentation to help ensure additional engineers can join the team smoothly
- Contribute to building the engineering team and culture as the company grows
- Experiment! This is a start-up so things can and will change quickly
Benefits: the whole package
- Location: Remote or London
If you want to work remotely that’s great. If you want to work near others that’s cool too. If you decide to work in London our office is at Huckletree in Shoreditch.
- Competitive salary: We don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less
- Holidays: 30 days a year, plus bank holidays
- Profit sharing: We believe in our employees sharing in our success
To apply: Fill in this short application form (< 5mins): https://igotanoffer.typeform.com/to/PefIs1
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/igotanoffer-senior-fullstack-engineer-python