Senior Django Engineer
Headquarters: NY, NETHERLANDS, PORTUGAL, UKRAINE, POLAND
15Five is looking for a top-notch Senior Python Engineer to help us bring user experience to the next level. You will work in an amazing environment where both professional and personal growth is promoted. You’ll be playing an important role in collectively creating a company that helps others reach their highest potential. This role will be based in Europe, with the opportunity to work remotely.
Life is too short to build an average product. We strive for greatness in every corner of our product; from launching new features to fixing the smallest bug. We care deeply about the quality of what we put out into the world and ensure 15Five delivers a purposefully positive experience at every touchpoint and customer interaction.
What you'll do:
- Build high-quality robust features in close collaboration with our product team
- Take ownership of everything you build - take responsibility for the overall success of the project you're working on instead of just your part
- Proactively address technical debt and positively impact code coverage
- Provide constructive feedback through code reviews and be humble to embrace feedback that will help you learn and improve our work and processes
What you'll bring:
- 3+ years of full-time experience in Python (Django, Celery)
- Strong knowledge of database design and optimization (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Ability to understand and articulate the requirements and challenges
- Understanding the main approaches in building high-load environment
- Exposure to AWS is a plus
- Experience with distributed systems/databases is a plus
Who you are:
- You have passion for 15Five's WHY of creating the space for people to be their greatest selves, and - You are totally aligned with 15Five's Values
- You enjoy working in a team of like-minded people yet thrive working independently and owning projects
- You have a strong reputation for accountability - your colleagues know they can rely on you
- Someone with a low tolerance for mediocre work
- You communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information / data to make decisions
- You desire to always be learning and staying on top of the latest trends and technologies
- You’re passionate about, not only being extraordinary in your work life, but creating an extraordinary personal life as well
By the 3 month mark, you'll...
- Be fully up to speed with other Python engineers in the company, owning an area in the application
- Be able to handle the same amount of tickets as other engineers on the team, completing them in a reasonable amount of time.
By the 6 month mark, you'll...
- Be contributing culturally and to the team, contributing valuable code reviews
- Demonstrate enthusiasm to continually improve our processes (not just closing tickets)
By the 12 month mark, you'll...
- Be training and mentoring new members of the team
- Take on more features/ areas -you will have a reputation for being the go-to resource for specific features
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/15five/b6e90d36-36b5-4062-b9cb-d5af4687e2d3
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/15five-senior-django-engineer