Senior DevOps Engineer
Headquarters: Leesburg, VA
At COFENSE, we're searching for amazing engineers to join our team. Our company provides end-to-end cyber defense solutions that help protect organizations and their employees from the vast and growing threat posted by phishing-related attacks. We're expanding rapidly and looking for talented individuals, like you, that care about building excellent products and solving complex problems.
- Are you passionate about crafting scalable & resilient platforms?
- Do you dabble in the software development?
- Does the thought of growing a companies security posture, interest you?
If so, read on....
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- A self-starter who is willing to design, build, and improve the infrastructure and delivery platform used by all of Cofense products.
- An effective communicator, you will work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Mentor others through pairing, code reviews, and regular knowledge transfer.
- Work with the team to continuously evaluate standards and suggest improvements.
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members.
- Able to work effectively and be pragmatic as part of a remote team in a dynamic environment.
- Eager to learn; able to understand and apply new things relatively quickly.
- You believe in standardization and automation to eliminate manual processes is critical to success.
- You know when to dig deep to figure things out, but also when to ask for help.
- Available for occasional off-hours work as necessary.
- Happy to travel occasionally for team meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are not an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the position described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills or abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with COFENSE will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. COFENSE reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Able to manage Ubuntu or CentOS/RedHat based systems in production public cloud (preferable AWS) environments.
- Extremely proficient with configuration management and infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Ansible & Terraform.
- You have deployed & supported production applications in any of the following in Ruby, Java or Python.
- You are able to build or extend tools in Ruby, Python, Go or Node.JS when needed.
- Git is an extension of your personality, not just a versioning tool.
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins or Gitlab.
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes or Docker Swarm a huge plus.
- Can lead and support production environments across various platforms: remote (VMs/physical), cloud (AWS), and on-site vendor products
- Proven experience supporting SaaS or appliance based solutions.
- You know the difference between resiliency and scalability.
- Has experience with many of the open-source database solutions such as MySQL, MariaDB, and PostgreSQL
- You question how things have been done and strive for improving.
- You are relentless about clarifying requirements and knowing what to build given the constraints and solve the right problem at the right time.Experience
- 7-10 years of experience as operations engineer, system administrator, developer or architect supporting online services and preferably a large SaaS platform.Qualities We Care Deeply About:
- Committed to continuous improvement and learning.
- Love to share and collaborate what you have learned.
- Passion for shipping and to hold yourself and others accountable.Why Working With Us Is Awesome:
- People - smart, energetic and collaborative
- Benefits - competitive salary along with 401k (w/company match), health, vision, dental, disability and life insurance
- Telecommute - flexible, remote-first terms and a monthly telecom expense reimbursement
- Impact - working on products that are used by hundreds of companies in the Fortune listings
- Competitive salary
- 401k plan with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
To apply: To apply for this positions,
Please send your resume to [email protected]
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/cofense-senior-devops-engineer-1