Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)
Headquarters: Montreal, QC
We are looking for a skilled Backend Engineer with 4+ years of experience to join our team as a full-on team member for a 6 month contract with the possibility of renewing. We are happy to work remotely with you, but are looking for a long-term relationship. Possibility of travelling for meetings in the US and Canada (4 trips/year maximum).
You will part of a new project where we are customizing and modifying our current platform for a client. This is a high-profile client and project, and is a very exciting project to be part of.
- Modify current PHP site to meet client requirements
- Improve sites scalability, and security
- Setup and maintain infrastructure
- Build new and modify existing APIs
- Integration of third party APIs
- Work on improving application performance and bug fixing
- Work closely with other Developers and Management
- Strong OO design and programming skills in PHP
- Strong Knowledge of SQL, MySQL or similar data base management system
- Experience on web service integration (REST, JSON)
- Good practice in modern development processes; Test driven development, continuous integration etc.
- Good team and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Good command of English, spoken and written
Optional desirable skills
- Experience of development mobile applications on Ionic and Native frameworks
- French Communication skills
- We offer a remote contract position (possibility of full time position following contract completion).
- You will be required to take one or two coding tests along with a video call interview.
- Direct Candidates only, no third parties, no recruiters, no staffing agencies
To apply: [email protected]
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/qeepr-senior-backend-engineer-php