Project Management Vertical Lead
Headquarters: New York, NY
Toptal is a network of the world’s top 3% of software engineering, design, and finance talent – available on demand to help companies accelerate, adapt, and scale. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
If you’re not in the job market, you’re exactly the type of person we’re looking for.
As the Project Management Vertical Lead, you will have the opportunity to lead the launch of Toptal’s Project Management vertical. You will be responsible for building the operations for this vertical from the ground up. You will identify and implement the project manager screening and matching process and scale the screening and matching teams as necessary. Your ability to enthusiastically hire, train, coach, and lead your teams will ensure a successful launch of this new vertical.
You will work closely with the Growth Team to identify strategies for generating increased client demand. By leveraging the breadth of your overall project management experience coupled with the depth of software project management you will have the opportunity to guide the development of future specializations within the vertical and define and represent the future of Project Management in the on-demand talent space.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere.
You will be responsible for developing the sourcing, screening, and matching processes for what will soon become the top 3% of freelance Project Managers in the workforce. You will identify and implement the overall strategy around launching the Project Management vertical. You will be responsible for collaborating with many teams across the organization as the go-to domain expert and will set the standard for excellence in the Project Management vertical. As you recognize success in growing this vertical, you will obtain additional funding to continue to grow and scale your teams. You will have the opportunity to own and build the next big piece of this game-changing, industry-defining company.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Create the Project Manager prospectus.
In the first month you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the key players in the organization who you will work with to build this vertical.
- Create, test, and validate all steps of the Project Manager screening process.
In the first three months you will:
- Screen initial Project Managers into the Toptal network.
- Start scaling a Project Manager screening team as applicant volume grows.
- Develop/adapt core matching verbiage and strategies for this vertical, using established Toptal best practices as a starting point.
- Match your first clients and talent to set up the first revenue-generating engagements in this vertical.
In the first six months you will:
- Continue to scale the Project Manager screening and matching teams.
- Drive the team to hit revenue goals exceeding $1M in ARR.
In the first year you will:
- Continue to scale your teams.
- As your teams grow, transition into a leadership role and delegate day-to-day tasks.
- Drive the team to continue to hit revenue goals, exceeding millions in ARR.
- Guide the vertical in the direction of tens of millions in ARR and beyond.
- You must have a broad understanding of project management, particularly for software projects.
- Possess a deep understanding of current best project management practices (Agile, Scrum, SAFe, Kanban).
- You must have experience working with remote and distributed teams.
- Proven history of success with hiring and managing remote team members.
- The ability to provide clear and concise feedback to senior team members.
- You must have a good understanding of the freelance marketplace, including experience with hiring freelance project managers.
- Experience working as a freelance project manager preferred.
- You must be a proactive self-starter who is naturally driven to exceed goals.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
To apply: https://www.toptal.com/careers/project-management-vertical-lead
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/toptal-project-management-vertical-lead