Minimalist Ruby Dev / DevOps Engineer
Note: we only accept candidates from countries in European time zones (UTC-3 to UTC+3) for this position.
Who We Are
We’re a 6-year old, completely bootstrapped, profitable, 10-person company. Our WordPress newsletter plugin is used by nearly 400,000 websites.
We’ve just launched a complete rewrite of our solution, and now we're strapping our own sending service on top of it. We have thousands of users sending millions of emails successfully.
Our product-centric team consists of 6 developers, 2 support staff, 1 writer & 1 product chief. We’re spread over 9 countries.
The team works asynchronously, primarily exchanging on Slack and occasionally having a conference call. Meetings are replaced with weekly “status update” posts. For the most part, we work autonomously and are trusted to get the work done.
We're looking for a Ruby engineer with DevOps knowledge to help us expand and optimize a set of microservices for our next generation email sending platform.
In order to make our customers experience solid and hassle-free, we need to scale a set of external services and APIs:
- Service monitoring;
- Automatic queue triggering;
- Premium version packaging;
- Email sending service.
- Develop and maintain our services;
- Build, manage and improve our infrastructure and its reliability;
- Support development with build, test and deployment automation using CI/CD practices;
- Occasionally work directly with customers to diagnose and resolve issues;
- Shape DevOps processes and best practices within the company.
We strive for software minimalism, requiring:
- Good object oriented design;
- Plain Ruby experience (we don't use Rails);
- Sinatra/Rack, Minitest;
- Basic understanding of REST;
- Strong Linux server administration skills;
- Devops (Ansible);
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
It would be really great if you have interest or knowledge in:
- Software security;
Who We Are
We're a 6-year old, completely bootstrapped, profitable, 10 person company. Our WordPress newsletter plugin is used by nearly 400,000 websites.
Our product-centric team consists of 6 developers, 2 support staff, 1 writer & 1 product chief. We're spread over 9 countries.
The team works asynchronously, primarily exchanging on Slack and occasionally having a conference call. Meetings are replaced with weekly “status update” posts. For the most part we work autonomously and are trusted to get the work done.
- We're 100% remote, everything happens on Slack;
- We’re focused on deliverables;
- We work 4 days per week;
- Pretty flexible in terms of working hours;
- Our work and personal lives need to be balanced sanely;
- 5 weeks per year of paid vacation we all get;
- We make it a point to learn constantly;
- We travel to conferences;
- Join us for our annual team retreat;
- Salary is between 60k - 70k euros. Compensation is calculated on an internal salary grid which take into account several parameters.
Recruitment Process in 6 Steps
- Apply by email
- We shortlist the candidates we feel would fit best and send them an email
- You pass a test
- We shortlist those with the best answers
- We interview you
- We propose a contract
How to Apply
- We don't outsource and we don't work with agencies, sorry!
- Send an email to [email protected] and tell us about your two favorite projects. Send us links to your profiles online (twitter, GitHub, etc.). Please do not attach your CV;
- We get a lot of emails and will only reply to the candidates we feel will fit.
To apply: [email protected]
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/mailpoet-minimalist-ruby-dev-devops-engineer