Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students from all across the world. We help students to build projects, learn key data science concepts and skills (like collaboration), and to develop the confidence they'll need to start new careers. You can read more about our philosophy here
, and learn more about what our students think here
At Dataquest, we're committed to building a better way to learn data science online. While we were reviewing our own marketing data, we noticed that there was a lot more that we could be doing to increase the rate at which prospective students who have heard about Dataquest signup and try our platform for themselves.
In order for us to change the way that students learn online, we need to effectively message and convert as many potential learners as we can. We're excited about teaching students more effectively, but we've found that many students are slow to try something new and often feel that they could never do something like learn data science. Your work will help these prospects to identify that by working with Dataquest, they can reach their educational goals. In order to do that effectively, you'll need to develop a deep understanding of our students and the world they live in. The ideal candidate will be able to manage the nuances of a program that can balance these two tensions--and drive meaningful results.
If you're up to the challenge, you'll be responsible for iterating on and building out our ads and content marketing activities. You'll work with a variety of industry-standard tools in a robust data-driven environment to refine our program. Your work will contribute directly to the rate at which students signup and experience Dataquest for themselves.
If you have a deep curiosity about advertising and marketing, this role will give you a chance to develop your skills in both areas. If you're passionate about education and making a difference joining our team will provide you with a chance to do just that.
About the Marketing Generalist position
The Marketing Generalist will be responsible for maintaining and iterating to improve the conversion rate at the top and middle of our funnel within a certain cost per conversion target so that we can reach as many potential students as possible. The Marketing Generalist will be responsible for a variety of advertising and marketing operations tasks. This means that the ideal candidate will need to have a familiarity with funnel management techniques in education as well as experience with ads platform management. The marketing generalist should have a key eye for trends popular amongst our students and be able to develop a sense of trust and empathy with our audience. The ideal candidate will have good attention to detail and be able to think about "what's coming next," so that we can correctly identify opportunities that help us get to the next level.
Marketing Generalist responsibilities are:
- Identify opportunities to make changes that improve the performance of our advertising campaigns.
- Craft messaging that is honest and accessible that appeals to a wide variety of potential students and inspires them to take action by joining Dataquest.
- Collaborate with writers and designers to produce assets based on mockups you design and test.
- Analyze and consider trends in our advertising and social media data as well as the broader communications landscape to help grow Dataquest.
- Responsible for maintaining an advertising budget as guided by ROAS metrics.
- Collect performance feedback from various advertising and marketing platforms as well as from students directly.
- Become well acquainted with our competitive landscape and the context of our student's lives.
Marketing Generalist requirements are:
- Diligent and Communicative
- Experience working with ads platforms or funnel management technology.
- Empathy for the student experience.
- Ability to keep current on trends impacting the digital marketing landscape.
- Passionate about growing our signup rate.
- Creativity, an eye for detail, and an analytical mind.
- BSc/BA in similar or related field such as English, Communications, Psychology; proven prior experience as a Advertising or Marketing Specialist, or similar position.
- Experience working with data to drive marketing decisions.
To apply: https://dataquest.breezy.hr/p/30d20e34d99a-marketing-generalist?source=weworkremotely
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/dataquest-marketing-generalist