Marketing and Operations Associate
Headquarters: Boston, MA
You’re comfortable taking direction or leading the charge as the situation requires. As part of a small team, you know that collaboration and independent work are both essential for success. If you enjoy a good team meeting and distraction-free time to get things done, this job is for you.
You’re someone who can evaluate problems and execute solutions. You know how to tackle tough challenges without burning yourself out. If you’re a person who loves making lists and completing them, this job is for you.
You care and value kindness. Yes, we all need to the pay the bills, but you know a job doesn’t have to be soul-sucking to make bank. If you’re interested in creating big-picture meaning into your everyday work, this job is for you.
You’re tech savvy and good at figuring things out. You know that finding the right answer from a Google search is as much an art as a science, and it’s one you’ve mastered. If you love using technology to solve problems, and want to spend more time doing it, this job is for you.
This is a part-time, independent contractor position. We are seeking someone who is committed to growing with the CEO and the company, as we expect this role to grow.
- Manage and maintain inboxes and respond to emails in a timely manner with customer-centric focus
- Manage and maintain CEO’s calendar and schedule
- Conserve CEO’s time by receiving, researching, and routing correspondence
- Create and manage social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, including responding to comments and questions
- Be available and active in company Facebook group
- Be available and active in company Slack group
- Manage webinar process from inception to execution: scheduling, marketing, create materials, provide support during delivery, follow up with registrants and attendees
- Maintain list of references and links to be added to newsletters and social media posts
- Structure and schedule external communications such as email newsletters, social media and client communications
- Actively seek and retain knowledge of programs, upcoming events and FAQs
- Other tasks as necessary to support CEO and company mission
Logistics and expectations:
- Hours start at ~20hrs/wk and are flexible; you set your working hours and availability, with some overlap with the hours of 9am – 5pm EST, M-F.
- Deadlines, due dates and deliverables are set collaboratively – you won’t be beholden to a schedule that you have no control over.
- Pay starts at $23/hr with the potential for increases based on skills and contributions.
- Work is virtual and you’ll use your own computer. Reliable computer access and internet connection are essential.
- Job may require occasional travel to events, conferences or workshops; travel and event costs in those instances will be covered by Pixels for Humans.
To apply: Cover letters are old news. Instead, email your resume to [email protected] and answer me these questions three: 1. Can you share a site or app that has good UX? What’s good about it? 2. What’s the biggest challenge in tech today? 3. If all jobs paid equally and you could have any job (or no job), what would you choose? Why? Note: We highly encourage WOC, non-binary folx, LGBTQIA, and disabled folx to apply.
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/pixels-for-humans-marketing-and-operations-associate