Hotjar Hero (Americas)
Note: Although this is a remote position, due to the necessary overlap with Europe we are seeking candidates in EST only.
The Hotjar Hero team supports thousands of users and customers in over 180 countries by providing world class service, documentation, and training. The Hero team also works closely with our product teams to help prioritize and define changes to Hotjar to continuously improve the overall user experience.
We are looking for extremely organized and self driven Hotjar Heroes to work in a remote role with a fast growing startup.
All new Heroes receive extensive technical, product, and marketing training – as well as a yearly budget for additional training and self development. With this knowledge you will help our users set up and use Hotjar features to improve the experience and performance of their sites and apps. This is a great opportunity to develop your career by learning new skills and joining a fast-growing startup.
Empathy for the win. Our users come from a wide range of backgrounds and have a wide range of technical abilities. Hotjar Heroes need to be able to put themselves in the users’ shoes to help them resolve any questions while at the same time empowering users with knowledge.
Detail is key. Troubleshooting an issue isn’t always straightforward. Since our tool can get pretty technical, obsessing over details really helps. If you can’t solve it, that’s ok - just provide enough details to help the engineers as they investigate further.
Independent mindset. As a remote team, autonomy and self-motivation is necessary. One of our core values is Honesty. We don’t use apps to measure whether or not you're working, we simply trust you. Are you up to the challenge?
Learning is growing. Hotjar is always adding new capabilities and improving the way our tool works. This means Hotjar Heroes are always learning. Plus, it doesn’t stop there - everyone at Hotjar aims to learn 1% each day (machine learning, anyone?).
Go Team! Though we are spread across the world, our team is always in contact. We hold daily scrums, weekly planning, and company wide demos. We need to be prepared to step up if a team member is out. Or share a new idea we have for how to make the team or the company better. Being a team player is vital to the role of Hero.
What Hotjar Heroes do...
- Creating 'WOW' moments by consistently delivering world-class support with empathy and understanding
- Promptly interacting with users who contact us via our support channels
- Accurately identifying, analyzing, and resolving technical and non-technical issues in a timely manner.
- Updating the pipeline of user suggestions and feedback to improve Hotjar.
- Escalating more complex problems to appropriate internal resources.
- Writing (and updating) documentation for internal and external knowledge bases.
- Occasionally providing demonstrations or webinars to users.
- Working with Lead Heroes on gathering data from user communications on user needs and pain points.
The budgeted compensation range for this role is $44,000 to $60,000 annually. Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.
- Very strong English communication skills – both written and spoken. If you are fluent in other languages, tell us! German, French, Spanish and Japanese will be considered as assets.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts that empowers our users without making them feel small.
- Be able to work independently - accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Experience working in technical support roles and teams, Agile experience a plus.
- Desire and drive to always be learning.
- Ability to work independently and within a team towards both personal and shared work goals.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third party.
Nice to have:
- Experience in codifying and maintaining customer process documentations
- Experience working with CRO, Marketing, or Design Agencies
- Experience working remotely
To apply: Please apply via https://careers.hotjar.com/o/hotjar-hero-us/?source=WeWorkRemotely
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/hotjar-hotjar-hero-americas