Full-stack Web Developer
Headquarters: San Diego, CA
Wells Media Group is a B2B media company specializing in news and information resources for the property casualty industry. Our websites are the top trafficked information destinations for the property casualty industry.
We are looking for a full-stack web developer with an eye for clean layout and UX. As a member of the web team you will play an important role in the daily operations of our websites, email newsletters, ad products, subscriptions, ecommerce and mobile apps. You'll help create and maintain new features, sections, landing pages, order forms, and reporting and automation tools.
San Diego, Pittsburgh or Charlotte areas preferred.
You're experienced creating building interactivity with PHP and MySQL, and equally comfortable using jQuery and frontend tools to create a great user experience and present information effectively.
You have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS and know how to present information effectively.
You're experienced building interactivity with PHP and MySQL, and equally comfortable using jQuery and frontend tools to create a great user experience and present information effectively.
You appreciate a well designed page, on the surface and behind the scenes.
You are experienced building great looking front-end and interactivity and presenting information using jQuery and frontend tools, to create a great user experience and present information effectively.
You are familiar with front end tools and even some PHP frameworks and anxious to learn more. You like to understand the motivation behind the work and how it fits the overall goals. You look for the best solution not the first. You suggest new ideas when there's a better solution.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of web standards and best practices
- Solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with responsive and mobile layouts
- Self-motivated, able to work independently
- Effective problem solving ability
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Good eye for design - You're not a designer but you can effectively present information and you know when something looks great
- Comfortable building templates for use in server side code
- Comfortable with command line
- Familiar with git
- Familiar or interest in tools like composer, npm and artisan
- Experience with PHP / MySQL
- Familiar with MVC frameworks and content management systems (Laravel and WordPress a plus)
- Good knowledge of MySQL / relational databases
- Ability to communicate with and guide/support non-technical users
- Understand REST APIs and integrating with other systems
- Understand responsive design concepts and popular frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience with online advertising, news/magazine media
- Experience working remote
- Expertise with WordPress and/or Laravel
- Strong understanding of web analytics, you know your way around Google Analytics and can explain variance between other analytics
- Familiar with SEO fundamentals, frontend and backend
- Mobile platforms and framework experience
- Experience with HTML email creation and best practices
401k and profit sharing program
Great team culture
Work with great people who like to get things done
Generous time-off and holidays
To apply: Please email your resume with cover letter and salary requirements to [email protected] with "Web Developer" in the subject line. You can use the body of email as your cover letter or attach it separately.
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/wells-media-group-full-stack-web-developer