Director of Production Engineering
Headquarters: Leesburg, VA
PhishMe is seeking an experienced Operations Engineering leader (Manager or Director, depending on experience) to lead a growing Production Engineering team in PhishMe.
This is a full-time position working for PhishMe, Inc. Outsourced or contractors should not apply. We actively encourage diversity on our team and overall company.
- Lead a team of 6-10 US based Production Engineers as well as possibly oversee a team of 3-4 European offshore contractors
- Take responsibility for the success of the team and drive continuous improvement
- Drive a culture of accountability, transparency, ownership, and cross-team collaboration
- Coordinate and effectively negotiate with Product Management, Customer Support, other Engineering teams, and all internal customers to ensure proper prioritization of needs to support the business
- Effectively delegate tasks and area ownership across the team as necessary while supporting high levels of engagement and collaboration
- Administrative management (PTO requests, expense reports, company policy, etc.)
- Recruit and hire new members of the Production Engineering team
- 1-on-1 and other key meetings with team members, peers, and other business stakeholders
- Provide visibility of project status, team activities, risks, and progress towards goals
- Work closely with Engineering and Product teams to identify and implement solutions that meet production, QA, development, and administrative needs
- Actively participate in the design and implementation and maintenance of a repeatable build, test, and deployment pipeline
- Drive towards improving the stability and efficiency of all supported internal and external systems
- Work with Production Engineering leadership team to select, coordinate, develop, negotiate, and maintain relationships with vendors
- Work with architects and technical leaders and team members to drive improvements to deployment process and tools
- Maintain focus on driving down technical debt and refactoring code when appropriate
- Assist team with diagnosing and resolving production system issues as necessary
- Participate in the rotating on-call schedule and non-business hours upgrades as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with PhishMe will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. PhishMe reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills necessary for managing a distributed team
- Strong management and leadership skills, preferably in high growth organizations undergoing change
- Extensive operational experience with AWS and Linux
- Familiarity with many programming languages with proficiency in Bash and Ruby or Python.
- Recent knowledge continuous integration (Jenkins, CircleCI, Teamcity, etc.) configuration management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible) provisioning tools (TerraForm, CloudFormation) and container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Experience working under tight deadlines and priority changes
- Possess a strong background in software development or delivery including test-driven development
- Have experience in the information security industry, or are keenly aware of security risks and mitigations
- Approximately 10% travel including the possibility of occasional international travel
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Preference given for bachelor and advanced degrees in software technology related fields
- Minimum of 3 years personnel management, preferably with distributed management experience, with a mix of startup and Enterprise experience.
- Past hands-on experience as an Operations Engineer or System Administrator, Developer, or Architect supporting a large SaaS platform
- Experience managing complex projects within an Agile framework (Scrum/Kanban)
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
PhishMe is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
To apply: To apply for this position, please follow the link below:
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/phishme-director-of-production-engineering-1