Director of Engineering
Headquarters: United States
7 Cups’ mission is to empower every human to care for one another. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2013, 7 Cups’ has significantly expanded access to emotional support and behavioral health. We are currently the largest mental health system in the world. Over 2 million people from almost every country on the planet (191/195) in 152 different languages use the platform each month. We are living in a world with an immense love deficit. Many of us are not receiving the love we need to reach our true potential and to truly thrive. We are solving this huge problem, and trying to change the stigma around mental health.
7 Cups is seeking a hands on Director of Engineering to help build, guide and grow our software team. You’ll report directly to our CEO Glen Moriarty. This is a critical time for us as we recently won a multi million dollar contract with the state of California. We will be growing a lot over the next year and are looking for the platform to grow and evolve just as much. You will lead the charge to technically achieving this goal partnering with our product, design, and community teams. We are here to do some of our best work of our lives to help enrich the lives of others. We hope you are too!
What you’ll do:
- Build out our engineering department with an amazing team of engineers.
- Transform our platform to a modern tech stack.
- Set and implement standards for code quality and speed of development.
- Help engineers overcome personal, process, and technical problems.
- Assess skills and structure roles/responsibilities.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience as an engineering manager with direct reports.
- Experience with high traffic, consumer-facing websites and apps.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High empathy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Early stage startup experience is a plus.
- BS or MS in CS, Computer Engineering, EE, or Math is strongly preferred.
What you get:
- Remote first culture.
- Built-in focus on professional development.
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement through meritocracy.
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Generous PTO policy promoting rest for mind/body/soul.
Equal Employment Opportunities at 7 Cups:
7 Cups is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. 7 Cups believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
To apply: https://grnh.se/784ff00b2
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/7cups-director-of-engineering