Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
When someone installs Density in a location, they get access to real time, accurate people count. Our API is the foundational component that customers rely on when integrating and interacting with our data. Making people-count data available, in a real-time setting, means all underlying systems must be continuously operational and ready to scale at a moment's notice.
We’re looking for an engineer to take the helm of our infrastructure and grow it to handle the needs of our product. This position will play a large role on both the hardware and software teams in crafting the deployment, orchestration, and management systems that power Density.
While Density is a remote-friendly company, we have offices in San Francisco, New York City, and Syracuse, NY.
This position reports to Density's Head of Product.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Advanced ability to craft clear and concise documentation
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Understanding of deployment orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes and/or Nomad, Consul
- Experience with automation and configuration management using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or an equivalent
- Knowledge of the AWS stack
- Ability to design and manage CI / CD pipelines (CircleCi)
- Strong grasp of modern Python development, node.js, and websocket servers
- Previous management of networking and VPNs as well as software releases across multiple git repositories
- Experience with relational, non-relational, and time-series data stores
Icing on the cake:
- An academic background in Computer Science (BSc or MSc) or equivalent
- Experience building APIs and web applications (Django, Flask, Rails, etc)
- Familiarity with software build systems such as CMake, Autotools, and Make
To apply: https://jobs.lever.co/density/b37a4c24-b043-4c14-a643-2252801c824e/apply?lever-source=weworkremotely
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/density-inc-devops-engineer-1