Dev Ops Engineer
We are a Software-as-a-Service startup that powers the iOS and Android shopping apps of international retailers like House of Fraser, Radley, MADE.com and Missguided. We’re relentless at seeking out the most advanced technology and our software is constantly improving. This means that our clients are always at the forefront of innovation.
We have collaborated with many clients and integrated with lots of partners to launch apps with cutting-edge features including: augmented reality, product merchandising, tailored push notifications and app marketing. The Poq platform drives millions of revenue for our customers every month, and facilitates thousands of transactions every day.
Poq was founded in 2011 by Oyvind, CEO, Michael, COO, Jun, CTO, and Mike, CCO. We have built an amazing team of diverse and brilliant minds.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Support, the Dev Ops Engineer will be a key part of the Support team to ensure our clients are happy and apps function well. You will be responsible to support our expanding US market and ensure all live apps remain healthy during UK evening hours. You will also be a key driver in our monitoring processes and operating in Azure. You are passionate about problem solving and can handle urgent issues calmly and independently. You can communicate well with clients, manage their expectations, guide them on any changes they need to make and will be the first point of contact for any evening urgent issues that occur.
You will have an understanding of software, Azure (or similar) servers, and configuration tools. You will also contribute across many support and dev ops tasks to ensure the good health of our apps and clients success. This role will involve some training time in our London office but will be based remotely so can cover West coast US business hours; there will be crossover with the UK for 1-2 hours at the beginning of your day and the end of UK business hours.
What you’ll be doing
- First point of contact for priority and urgent issues – Triage and investigate issues and manage fixes or escalate as appropriate
- Client communication. Email and phone support to update on issues, progress and guide a client when issues or changes needed on their side
- App health monitoring – Set up and manage effective monitoring and alerting
- Operating in Azure - Reset or add more servers, scale up data base, communication with our MSP if azure is down
- Roll back faulty releases
- Set up and running of product feeds
- Technical admin tasks via our Configuration tool
- Other Dev ops tasks to contribute to the health and improvements to our platform
- Testing – unit and regression testing for fixes or changes
- Zendesk and Jira ticket management – Make sure any issues are well documented so can be fixed quickly by the right person
- Work as part of the Support team and collaborate on internal processes and servicing clients
What we’re looking for
- Two years of experience managing and configuring Cloud platforms like Azure services
- Two years of experience working with DevOps tools e.g. Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Configuration
- Experience in a devops/support role for a software company
- Client communication (email and phone) and management
- Testing – mobile or software preferred
- Ability to jump on issues quickly, calmly and independently
- Experience working with data files like a product file
- Microsoft Excel including knowledge of CSV and XML
- Ability to work evening hours
- Computer Science/Informatics/STEM degree or similar
- Experience with Google Analytics
- System administration
- Experience using testing tools like postman and Charles proxy
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Paid training days
- Bike to work scheme
- Fruit, snacks, tea and coffee provided throughout the week
- Selection of breakfast options provided
- If you work late, we pay for your dinner and have it delivered to the office
- Team drinks (soft and non) every Friday.
- Quarterly team events (we’ve done a Segway tour, BBQs, Junkyard Golf, a Graffiti Workshop and more!)
We love spending time together as a team, check us out on Instagram. You can see more about our team here.
How to apply
For further information or to apply, please email [email protected]
Please introduce yourself and attach a copy of your CV with any supporting links/info.
Listing Source: https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/165140/dev-ops-engineer-poq?a=TnJC7ixSNqg