Headquarters: Washington DC
Sworkit is on a mission to help everyone get in shape, no matter how hard they may have found that in the past. Helping our customers succeed can only be achieved if we understand how they are interacting with our platform and identifying where we could make their experience better. The best way to do this is with reliable and insightful data.
We're looking for someone who can become our data expert and take ownership of many of our backend systems both current and planned.
With over a million active users and growing, this position will give you an opportunity to work on and directly influence a project with a global audience that is making a difference in people's lives.
100% remote work. U.S. citizen/permanent residency required.
Our Ideal Person…
... Wants a long-term position helping us learn from our data to improve our business and our user's lives, but doesn't mind getting your hands dirty in data engineering efforts in the beginning.
… Understands the importance of how data and analytics can drive the success of a business. We will work together to ensure that the entire team has a clear picture of how our product is performing across various parts of our customer's journey.
Wants to excel as a top performer in your field. We want to give you a platform to learn and experiment to ensure that you are always challenged and motivated to learn.
Doesn't have to be able to do all of these things yet, but would be excited to undertake challenges like: Building ETL pipelines that output to a BigQuery DW, Firebase Realtime Database migration to Firestore, adding features to private npm modules in Typescript, diving deep into Firebase for data & analytics, developing & supporting features in our Rails & Node APIs, reporting to product team on new findings and data insights.
Pairs well with others. We may be remote, but we take the time to work together to ensure quality and to help each other when things get hard.
What we are looking for...
- Can technically implement effective data systems that will facilitate experiments and customer insights
- Ability to understand and report on KPI metrics with the team and to help us succeed as a data driven company
- Fantastic team player but can work on their own as well
- Confident in making decisions and suggesting improvements
- Being a self-starter is critical for working in a remote environment
- An interest in working at a startup that encourages every member to learn from these experiences and to each build a base knowledge of entrepreneurship
Experience with at least some of the following platforms/technologies:
- Comfortable with SQL, PostgreSQL knowledge
- Experience with Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Node.js and Serverless functions like firebase functions
- Experience building & scaling APIs
- Experience with Firebase Services including Database, Firestore, Functions, - Analytics, Auth, Admin, etc
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Google Compute Engine
- Google Cloud Storage
- Server Management / Dev-Ops
- Comfortable managing critical systems in a command line environment
Super bonuses, but not required:
- Knowledge of Ionic, Hybrid Apps, StencilJS, PWAs
- Experience with Looker
Please include in your application:
1. Why are you applying for this role?
2. Do you have examples of related work you've done on some of our listed languages or frameworks that you are proud of?
3. What would interest you about working for a fitness company?
Benefits of working at Sworkit:
At Sworkit, we embrace remote working as the main driver of our culture. There’s no clocking in and out at certain times or someone looking over your shoulder to watch your every more. Instead, we trust each other and each work in our own ways to help Sworkit achieve it’s mission.
We value balancing our work to allow for plenty of flexible time that can be spent with our families and friends.
Here are some of the additional benefits:
- Flexible work hours. We are results-focused and not obsessed with when your work gets done
- Full healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Annual company off-sites
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness related expenses to invest in your own health and fitness
- Co-working expenses if you want to work from a shared space
- Educational, training, conference, and certification stipends
- Stock options, we're all in this together
- A healthy and happy lifestyle
Our team members are involved with great initiatives like:
TechStars - Startup funding and mentorship networks
PowerMoves.NOLA - Creating the opportunity of high-growth minority entrepreneurship
Codebar - Enabling women, LGBTQ and people who are underrepresented in the tech industry to learn programming
To apply: Apply Here: https://angel.co/sworkit/jobs/348426-data-scientist-remote-usa. Please treat this as your first interview. What do we need to know about you? What makes you right for this position and for our campany?
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/sworkit-data-scientist