Headquarters: Topeka, KS
What We Need:
We are a small software company need a detailed and self-motivated individual to
serve the role of Data Analyst. This role supports the Customer Service
department, completing conversions of data from a legacy system to the
company’s software products, troubleshooting data issues, creating queries
requested by customers, or making database modifications via query. The role will need to learn all of the ins
and outs of the our software to properly analyze data and how it will be
used by customers.
Our employees are scattered throughout the United States. Our customers are community banks and credit unions and they are unaware that our employees work remotely because we provide excellent customer service and they are always able to reach someone. Our work is based on results produced, not number of hours worked.
What You'll Do:
- Conversions of
data from legacy systems for new customers.
Analyze and map the data received, identifying how it will be used and
how it will be used.
- Communicate with customers
regarding their conversion project. This
must often be done in a way that “non-analyst” users of the software can
understand. Treat customers with
patience, sincerity, and respect.
- Provide detailed analysis and
mapping instructions for a developer for data conversions. Work with the developer to identify any
errors during the data conversion.
- Support both customer service
and technical support with SQL database queries as needed.
- Troubleshooting data
anomalies or errors related to bank-specific data (emphasis on SQL). Will
require working with Quality Assurance and/or Development staff in some
- At a customer’s request, provide
database modifications via SQL query
- Manage ongoing conversion
projects, customer service requests, and other support as needed.
- Provide detailed and timely
documentation within ticketing and project management systems.
- Ability to write and understand moderate to complex SQL queries, both select and action statements. This qualification is a must. We do not have the bandwidth to teach query writing skills and need someone who is able to learn our database without needing to also learn SQL.
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL database.
- Ability to work with data in multiple formats, including Excel, comma or tab delimited, Access, and image files (PDF and Tiff).
- Previous banking knowledge is helpful, but not required
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Exemplary organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
To apply: Send a resume to Anna Yang, Director of Services/Product Manager: [email protected]
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/suntell-data-analyst