Account Manager (INN Labs)
Headquarters: Los Angeles, CA
This position is based in the U.S. – please only apply if you are authorized to work in the United States and located in a North American time zone. Thanks!
INN Labs focuses on solving problems that we're uniquely suited to tackle at a network level, such as:
- Building open-source publishing tools to support newsrooms' editorial and business goals
- Providing custom web development, training, and resources to consulting clients
- Supporting 40+ member websites using Largo, an open source WordPress platform/framework that we design, build and maintain
As account manager for INN Labs, you’ll be building strong relationships with the expanding number of news organizations powered by WordPress. And you’ll be growing INN’s portfolio of news technology accounts.
INN Labs operates as a mission-driven social enterprise, providing subsidized news technology and open source publishing tools to news organizations as part of its mission to support and expand public service journalism.
You’ll own our customer relationships, making sure members and other clients are well-served, that they know how INN Labs can help them and understand the news products we build. You’ll grow the revenue stream from this work, which helps cover nonprofits’ costs and supports INN’s continued public service work. You’ll provide continual feedback and intelligence on customer needs to the product team.
The ideal candidate for this position is an outgoing professional who knows the technology needs of news organizations and can increase the scope and impact of INN’s design and development work.
You’ll introduce INN Labs’ work to nonprofit and independent news startups and serve as client liaison for enterprise-level partners such as NPR, publishing groups, university innovation labs and other journalism initiatives.
Ultimately, you should be able to grow INN Labs' business and its mission impact by building successful, long-term partnerships from our membership base and beyond.
- Develop new business, identifying new opportunities to grow revenue and advance public service journalism
- Operate as the lead point of contact on member and client projects and develop strong mutual relationships
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our work to clients
- Contribute to project proposals, handle contract negotiations and manage the processes of contracting and project updates
Skills and Qualifications:
- Significant experience in account management and sales in an agency setting
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at a time with strict attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience with direct client interaction strongly preferred
- Experience explaining technical concepts to non-technical users
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- An interest in mission-driven work and social enterprise
Nice to have:
- An understanding of the nonprofit news industry and publishing priorities
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working with WordPress
- Familiarity with best practices for web design and development, ideally in a news environment
We are a distributed team and this is a remote, part-time, salaried position with some benefits. Previous experience working remotely would be helpful but we'll do whatever we can to help and support your transition if this is your first remote job.
INN is an equal-opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating a workplace where diversity is valued. People of color, women, and members of other under-represented groups in journalism, media, and technology are strongly encouraged to apply. In addition to federal law requirements, INN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply: Please read about our application and interview process (https://labs.inn.org/2015/12/31/how-to-apply-for-a-job-on-our-team/) and then send your resumé and cover letter to [email protected].
Listing Source: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/institute-for-nonprofit-news-account-manager-inn-labs